Baked Pasta and Mashed Potato


Hehehehe...Entri masak-memasak lagi.

I cuti sakan hari tu u'olls (almost two weeks) so I pun bertukarlah profession. I swapped hats and turned myself into a master-chef but in my own kitchen :P Calculator? Spreadsheet? What is that? In that two week period, I only know what are pots and pans and stuff like that. ^___^ Numbers I taktau, hehe...

So here another campak-campur-siap recipe which to me is a great quick-fix meal for outing too. Quick as I'm using Prego Pasta sauce here, hihihi...

In a baking dish, mix your al-dente cooked pasta and Prego Pasta Bake sauce, minced meat, capsicums, mushroom and stir well. Top with mozzarella and sprinkle with pepper and oregano to add flavors. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until pasta turns golden brown and cheese melts through (preheat oven to 350F). Kacang eyh? Even your toddler can help you with this. Junior Masterchef yo.

Mashed potato lagi senang. Wash potatoes thoroughly and peel. Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook over high heat and bring water to boil. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes), rinse and drain immediately. Let potatoes sit for a minute to dry, then add teaspoon of butter and mash it with a fork.

Hah, I know. The question now is, "semudah itu nak mash potatoes? only with a fork?" Well, yes, provided you are using the right type of potatoes lah. Or in this recipe, good to use russet potatoes (or Idaho) because they are high in starch, which means they absorb more moisture and turn light and fluffy when boiled. So senanglah nak mash. :) But I didn't prepare the gravy; avoiding from making the meal set "sloppy" and messy especially when eating in the car.
ShilaShower
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

feedburnerfacebooktwitteremail