Crunchy Dijon Salad



That was my dinner for yesterday. 

Like I mentioned on my Instagram, I will only be able to satiate my orang putih taste buds when husband is not having dinner at home. :P Otherwise, nasi it is. So yesterday was one of the days and since I've been craving for salad since a week ago, I decided to make one. 

No, I donch like the instant ones sold in supermarket, dressing tak kick langsung. Instead, I called my auntie and asked for her awesome salad dressing recipe ^_____^ because I remember once, eating this dijon-seafood-salad at her place. Memang terbaik.

Ok, just in case ada yang bertanya "Dijon what???" ini ialah mustard. Kiranya antara one of prepared mustards lah and the name came from a place where the recipe originates (Dijon, a region in France)

Bold Dijon mustard, crunchy salad, grilled shrimps, light hints of lemon and garlic, that creates a perfect bowl of salad with just balance flavors. For every salad lover, try this, at least your mouth will thank you for this. 

How to:
[1] Peel and devein the shrimp. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and olive oil and grill.

[2] Place salad in a medium sized bowl, wash and toss. Whatever salad you like. (I added bell pepper and large onion to make it more flavorsome)

[3] Salad dressing: Add 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp olive oil, fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp garlic - grated, 1/2 tsp sugar, ground black pepper, salt, mix well. 

[4] Drizzle dressing over salad but please don't drown your greens. Mustard is strong ok. Mix and garnish as desired. 

[5] Dig in and enjoy! 

Those yang tengah on diet, boleh try. At least it keeps you away from the usual boring salad hehehe. 

P/S: Thank you Cik Jah for the recipe. :) Next itching to try daging dendeng, tapi yang ni kena pi berguru dekat dapur Desa Haras, kena hands on hehehe..
ShilaShower
1 Comments

1 comment:

feedburnerfacebooktwitteremail