The Perfect Omelette



Well, at least this is perfect in my eyes and it tastes really good too. I know, this skill may have been mastered by many since long time ago *helo labuuuu? ini omelette pun tak reti ker?* but seriously, I always fail at making a neat looking omelette. Don't laugh people. Making a good omelette *like they do in hotel* is not easy as seen unless you don't mind settling with ragged and little overcooked output. -______-" 

Since I just added cooking into my list of hobbies & interests *ehem, clear throat* I decided to brush up my goreng-telur skill a little bit more. Muahahah. The simplest thing of all lah kan? Thanks to technology for giving me such a great teacher named Google. ^____^ 2 hours of browsing, I have learned a lot about the "art" of making great omelette. Haiyohhh, never realized of such thing before; I thought it's completely fine to just whisk everything together and dump the ingredients into the pan. :P No.

Anyway, tips taken were demonstrated and tadaaaa! well done, yellow in color, round in shape, edges firm up yet very creamy in the middle. ^___^

Adam's comment last night "Mama!! Wahhhh cantiknya telur niiiii" Fine I know. Those previously made memang serabai tahap rambut mak lampir :/ This one is creamy, silky and nothing like I had made before. Haha.

So here the dos and don'ts.

Dos:
  • Use butter. Real butter. I used salted butter.
  • Use at least three eggs. 3 okels?
  • Prepare ingredients in advance and set them separately (onions/bell peppers/tomatoes/etc). 
  • Add few drops of water into egg batter (steam from water bubbles help to make omelette cook evenly and puffy) I used 1 tbsp of fresh milk.
  • Use super low heat hence waiting is essential.  
  • Whisk egg batter only when you are ready to cook. Do not prepare any and set aside while you get other things done. 
  • Add a pinch of baking powder. ;)
  • Cover the pan while waiting for your omelette to cook. 


Don'ts:
  • Don't flip omelette at all. 
  • Don't use salt. Google said salt breaks down the egg texture. That's the reason why I used salted butter, to accommodate the taste.


How to:
[1] Heat non stick pan.
[2] Add butter and it should bubble up almost immediately. Tilt the pan to coat it evenly.
[3] As butter foam starts browning, pour in eggs. Cover the pan.
[4] Once bottom of the omelette starts to thicken and the top still a bit runny/creamy, sprinkle the ingredients but not too much. Cover the pan.
[5] Let the omelette brown for few seconds (less than a minute) and yeszaaa, perfect omelette is ready to serve.
ShilaShower
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. saya jarang masak..

    dan saya rasa tip ni sesuai utk orang2 yg jarang masak like me..

    cuma tak tahu bila nak cuba je!

    hehe!

    ReplyDelete

feedburnerfacebooktwitteremail