Preparing body for pregnancy


Owh, sile jangan heran. *And don't raise your eyebrow either.

Topic kali ini memang berilmiah. :) (and I copied few infos and facts from net to be shared in here).

The moment ijab & kabul took place, I know that I am ready to start a family. Of course besides having that beautiful feeling of "He's mine! He's mine!" Finally after 7 years of waiting. Hehehe... So, speaking of which I need to start preparing myself well in order to conceive a baby. Wahh giler macam nak buat Ph.D okeyh. I started with readings, especially the free-reading at 2 of my favourite bookstores: MPH & Borders, googled for endless info ever available on the net as well as seeking advise from others.

To me, making a baby is not as easy as 1-2-3 but somehow I wonder, why did all the illegitimate child came into the world as easy as A-B-C? Kata Kown, "Jangan di soal kerja Dia. It comes when it comes. Rezeki masing2 telah ditentukan." So, I kept myself shut up from questioning more. All I know is to plan for pregnancy before I really get pregnant.

The first step that I took was to drink Anmum in two intakes, every day and night. I am just not sure what is the difference between this materna drink as compared to other brands but this is the first one that I spot when I first bought it. Of course every mother wants the best for their children, and with a little information, a little precaution and preparation there are certain conditions which can be effectively prevented, or at least experience reduced risk by as much as 70% by taking folic acid on a daily basis.

From what I read in the books and on the net, folic acid helps to insure proper formation of the brain and spinal cord, without which there is a higher chance of miscarriage, and a 1 in 1000 chance that the child will end up with a Neural Tube Disorder (NTD).

It is also important to eat a healthy diet, including foods that contain folate, such as fortified cereals, dried beans and green, leafy vegetables like spinach.

In addition, you should see your health-care provider for a checkup and to update your immunizations, for which I haven't done this yet. Kak Amie, sile pegi cucuk Rubella. Hihihi. Nanti nak check my birth cert, blakang tu ada cop immunisation dosage yg dah amik.

I have stopped taking my regular Aerius - the sinus pills and all others just to be on the safe side. And the doctor has once said that some pills may cause cleft palate or other facial birth defects to the newborn. So, if you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, make sure your doctor is aware of your plan to become pregnant. At least they can help you determine if medication can be continued into pregnancy. In some cases, there are alternative, safer medication, which should be started before conception. But do not stop prescription medications on your own when you become pregnant because in some cases, you can become ill if medications are stopped abruptly.

Another advise from others is to stay away from toxic chemicals such as insecticides, solvents, mercury and lead and do read the product labels before using them.

This one is not relating to me but I believe it will do good for those who smokes. :) If you smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs, you should stop these behaviors. Not only can these substances threaten the health of your baby, they compromise your health as well. It is never too late in pregnancy to stop risky behaviors.

On a lighter note, consider reducing your workload or cutting back on the obligations that may have accumulated outside your work. Start taking time out of your day to take care of yourself. This self-care will become even more important when you're pregnant and after your baby is born. *So this is the one and solid reason of me leaving the office at 5.30pm sharp. Hihihi...

And do spend a quality time with hubby so that the baby making process will go as smooth as it can be. Enjoy the moment of being together and don't give yourself a hard thought that "I want the baby. Now! Now! Now!". I guess that will just add more stress to what you already have in hand.

And and and you may opt to use this ovulation planner, where it can be calculated by starting with the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP) or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. This is what many refer to as the "fertile time" of a woman's cycle, because sexual intercourse during this time increases the chance of pregnancy. Other ovulations signs that your body will produce is change in cervical mucus where it becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy like the raw white egg and a rise in basal body temparature.

But if you don't mind to spend a bit on the plan, the go get the ovulation predictor kit which is easily available in the drugstores. This predictor kits detect the surge in luteinizing hormone (LH) in your urine just before ovulation. They're easier to use and they can predict ovulation 12 to 36 hours in advance to help you maximize your chance of conception the very first month you use them. I can't remember the one that I used, but it cost me about Rm14.90 each in Watson. Senang kerja nak plan aktiviti malam. Hihihihihi.

But above all, suami saya kata, usaha tangga kejayaan. And tawakkaltu'alallah..

: : Tq Along~! For the barista bear and the brooch. Len kali wat contest lagi. : :

: : Anak angkat Jepun dari Miju. Tq~! : :

: : Berbuka @Tarbush. Teringin lagi the baba ganoush, falafel and the hummus dip and the shish kebab. Errrgghhh bulan pose memang banyak mahu nya : :

ShilaShower
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

feedburnerfacebooktwitteremail